One of the places I wanted
to see at Pike Place Market
was the original Starbucks.
The original logo.
It was packed with a crowd waiting outside
the door just to get in.
I've read that it's not very different
from any other Starbuck's inside,
except there is a plaque noting that
it's the first one.
I love seeing the flower baskets
hanging along the walkway.
Back inside the market,
colorful scarves and wraps.
Wonder what that would taste like?
Beautiful pens.
More fresh fish.
I think I
would like a collection of these
star lights on the kitchen porch.
But... I also think the spiders would
love them as well.
The market was full of quirky shops.
I thought these felted wool flowers were nice. Most of the shops weren't open yet.
We thought this non stair
stairway was interesting.
One last stop on our way back to
the parking lot.
That's the World Spice Market.
It smelled good and spicy inside.
A much needed break from walking around.
I've heard about World Spice Market for years,
and just had to see it for myself.
It was smaller than expected
but jam packed with interesting spices.
Anyway,
it was finally time to head to the ship.
One last thing.
I kinda liked finding this in the market.
“Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!"
Third post on the Alaska Cruise Vacation.


This is Louise. We have Penzey's here in Appleton. Must be something like World Spice Market. I love walking into the store, so many wonderful smells. My kitchen cabinet is full of Penzey spices. Would love to go to a market and see and smell all the fresh things. Looking forward to your boat trip!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish we had a spice market here. I have ordered spices from Penzey's through the mail. I just won't tell you exactly how old they are. Well over a decade and surprisingly they still smell pretty good. Bet they would be much better fresh and yes I do know that they should have been discarded long ago....
DeleteI love visiting markets like that.. So many different fragrances and things to look at. One can spend a lot of time in them. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI like how you like visiting "markets" - you go woman!
ReplyDelete