I don't have photos of the Muster drill.
They weren't allowed as the crew
wants your full attention at the drill.
At 3:30 we were to be at Muster Station D
down in the Vista Lounge for a
general emergency drill.
"This exercise is a requirement of the law.
At the start of the exercise, alarms will sound
and broadcasts will be made, calling you
to your Muster Stations as indicated
on the notice on the back of your stateroom door.
Please carry your life jacket with you.
Do not wear it, and for safety's sake,
do not allow the ties to trail on the deck.
The correct method of wearing a life jacket
will be demonstrated at the end of muster.
Please have your cruise card
ready for scanning by the ship's personnel
and ensure all cell phones are switched off
before entering the Muster Stations."
After muster, we returned our life vests to
our stateroom and resumed watching
the workers on the pier getting the ship
ready to depart.
Looking aft from the port side of the ship.
Seattle is on the starboard side.
The Westerdam
She was just about ready to pull out ahead
of us. We played leap frog with the Westerdam
all the way up to Alaska and back.
Looking forward towards the bridge.
Looks like the gangway was already
pulled away from the ship at this point.
I was intrigued with the way everything
was loaded onto the ship.
The luggage bins were loaded into the
yellow crates.
Then the crane lifts the crate up
and swings it towards a doorway
somewhere down around deck 4 I believe.
We had already received our luggage.
The Westerdam on her way.
Looking straight down from our balcony.
Then towards the aft.
Once again towards the bridge.
The dock workers ready to let the lines go.
I really enjoyed watching the whole process,
and seeing how everything was done.
There was another team working on the lines
the front of the ship at the same time.
the front of the ship at the same time.
But, it was all new to me.
And....
I loved it!


I'm really enjoying this series of posts! :)
ReplyDeleteAwe, thanks Kristine. I'm thinking it's going to take awhile to get everything I want to remember about the trip posted here. I found my Skagway photos! So happy about that!
DeleteThis will be a nice way to remember your lovely trip. I guess there is some way to make your blog posts into a real book somehow. But I am loving your trip too.
ReplyDeleteLouise
I think we went on the Rotterdam which is Holland Americans smallest ship. Glad you're finally on your way
ReplyDeleteNote to anonymous. You can have your blog made into a book. All pictures all posts all together. I do it every year.
ReplyDelete