Monday, August 18, 2014

An At Sea Day ~~~ Sunday the 20th.




Sunday the 20th was an At Sea day.
We were cruising the coastal waters of British 
Columbia.


First photos of the morning.
Looking straight out from our balcony.
I have no idea why the balcony rail is 
straight in the photo
 and yet the water is at a slant.


Looking aft,


straight down into that beautiful blue,


and again out to the horizon.


Looking forward towards the bridge.



We  had breakfast sandwiches and coffee
 at the International Cafe.




The light fixture looking up at the ceiling 
in the Piazza.
Someone said that the colors changed to 
blue/purples, but I  don't think I ever saw
it any way but this color.

 Photo taken through Skywalkers blue windows.

After breakfast,
we headed up to Skywalkers
for a digital photography class.
I did take notes, but can't find them now.
I'm not sure I learned anything as the 
class was very basic.
But we did enjoy the class with Marija.
She was the ships Platinum Studio Artist.
She became an important part of our cruise,
as we did spend quite a bit of time with her.
Rick and I sat for professional photos
several days later with her.
Now that is something we hadn't done since
1980... yikes, and we knew we'd probably
never get them done at home.
So we bit the bullet $$$ and got them done
while we were on the ship.

We had our photo session with her on the 
second formal night right after dinner,
so we were dressed up.
She spent an hour talking with us before 
even taking photos.
Then another hour taking photos.
She helped this very reluctant photo subject
get comfortable enough to go through with it.
This was something Rick was rather adamant
to get done.  
They're black and white, 
and they turned out very nice.


On the funny side though,
Just who are those 'old people' ? 

 The photos were delivered last week
and we're very happy with them.
Now, they need framed 
 but that will have to wait.

We saw Marija as we were in line
to leave the ship in Seattle.
She was getting off for a few hours 
to walk to Whole Foods,
because she wanted to stock up on 
healthier foods for the coming week.
She gets really tired of the ships food
which is the same menu week after week.
Anyway, hugs and thank you's were exchanged
and I never expected to get attached to a crew 
member like we did with her.
She was very sweet and kind to us.


Her studio is on the aft end of the ship
on deck 15.  Right outside the studio doors
there's a door leading outside
with this wake view.


Once again,


looking down into that swirling water. 


Looking out at the wake.
 It was quite mesmerizing. 



2 comments:

  1. Was the water at a slant because the earth is round? I love watching water and fire I could do that forever. Beautiful pictures Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow-o-wow what a lovely cruise (:) love it..
    the muffin egg breakfast is one of my favorite Breakfast meals when out of town..(:)
    but ours are usually at McDonalds...
    thanks on my sissies artwork too..
    hugs,p

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.