Seattle's fireboat sending us off in style.
The Space Needle.
Goodbye Seattle.
The Norwegian Jewel just leaving Pier 66.
We had been on our way
and turning around,
before I realized
that it was us that was moving,
and not the fireboat.
The Golden Princess had moved
away from the pier so smoothly
that I didn't notice it.
We're on our way!
The Norwegian Jewel heading out
in front of us.
Neptune's Reef and pool
during the sail away.
I read that
sail away drinks are a tradition.
Here's my very first Nojito,
a non-alcoholic Mojito.
Muddle mint and lime together,
add a touch of sugar syrup,
a little bit of grapefruit juice,
and top it off with club soda.
Oh ~~ so very good.
Calypso Reef and Pool.
Meanwhile,
back down in the Piazza
a string quartet played.
It reminded me of the Titanic movie.
The music was beautiful,
as long as they weren't playing
"Nearer My God to Thee",
it was all good.
At some point near dinner time,
Rick and I had gone our separate ways.
I headed down to our assigned dining room
with our friends.
Meanwhile Rick was late, and a bit lost.
Rather than have our tablemates wait
and wait, I asked them to go ahead and order,
and not to wait any longer for us.
I left the dining room and headed
back to our cabin in search of Rick.
Meanwhile,
he finally made it to the dining room
after I had already left to find him.
Arrrgggghhh.
He had been misdirected to a different
dining room, and the biggest issue
was not knowing that some lower decks
on the aft end, have no access through
to mid/ship and forward.
It wasn't a quick lesson in getting
around on the ship.
I had time to finish unpacking while
I waited for him to find me.
We ended up having our dinner
in the dreaded buffet...
which wasn't memorable because I can't
even remember what I ate.
It probably involved fish though.
I didn't even think to take a photo,
except for this dessert.
This was some sort of blueberry
concoction which wasn't very good.
It did have several gigantic blueberries
hidden inside that creamy fluff.
Ah well, there were only a couple of misses
food wise on our trip.
Everything else was fabulous.
Afterwards, we headed up to Skywalkers.
I had read on Cruise Critic that it was a very
nice quiet place to visit during the day time.
We had gone up there several times
during the week to find it empty,
or nearly so.
I found a photo (not mine) of the Golden
to show you where Skywalkers is.
A view of a light house we were passing.
This is looking through some salty dirty
windows, but can you imagine
trying to keep those windows clean.
Here are some inside views of
Skywalkers. At night, the music
is on, the dance floor is lit up
and it's much livelier.
We did attend a photography class
in here the next day.
We liked having this space
to enjoy views of the wake.
Looking down.
I loved the ever changing colors
of the water.
Turn Down Service.
Every evening our room steward
would come in to fluff pillows,
turn down the comforter,
and leave sweet chocolates on the bed.
Earlier in the day,
we unpacked our suitcases
and Rick had put his pajamas behind
the pillow ~~ like we do at home.
Well,
our terrific room steward Julio
prepped the room for the night
while we were gone for the evening.
Coming back,
there was Rick's pajamas laid out
on the bed. The folded bottoms
underneath the top with it's nicely
tucked in waist.
That felt a little bit weird and,
after that we kept our pajamas
tucked away in the drawers next
to the bed.



Can't believe how beautiful that boat is on the inside. No, don't think I would like my PJs folded up the way you describe...Julio probably thought he was helping you. Well your dessert looks good...hope you took some more pics of your food. You cracked me up when you said the quartet was playing music, reminded you of the Titanic, least they were not playing Nearer my God To thee....my goodness just think what those poor souls thought back then....
ReplyDeleteWill be looking forward to more of your cruise. Have a great day!!! Louise
Your pictures make me homesick for a cruise. They bring back a lot of memories. I'll probably be saying that a lot. I appreciate seeing them. I love the pajamas story.
ReplyDelete