Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The International Cafe, and the Rest of Sunday's At Sea Day.


We were meeting our friends for lunch
up on deck 14
 near the pools where they serve
pizza at Prego Pizzeria,
 and hot dogs and burgers 
at the Trident Grill.


But first we stopped at the International Cafe,
to get something to take upstairs with us. 
For lunches they offer soup, sandwiches,
and salads inside the display case on one side.



But there is temptation on the other side.


They make everything look
so delicious.


Look, fruit... a healthy choice.... um yeah.


We never did try the Tiramisu.
Darn.



Most every day there's something
new and different in the cases.


What to choose...
what to choose.


Yummy looking Raspberry cheesecake.

So what did I choose to take upstairs 
for lunch to go with a slice of
basil, mozzarella, and tomato pizza? 


Greek salad.
Oh gosh, it was so good.
Those white cubes in the salad 
were feta cheese.

Looking back at these photos,
there's not one dessert there 
(in these photos)
that we tasted.  
But it all looks so good.
Right?





Meanwhile up on deck 14,
besides serving pizza, hot dogs and burgers,
they were also serving Reindeer Chili.
I thought their display was cute
with the condiments ready to top 
your bowl of chili.
I never got to taste that either,
but I kind of wish I had.

After lunch the girls and I 
went to the Vista lounge for 
The Afternoon Game Show 
The Passenger Feud.
It was some sort of game show
where the Cruise Directors staff
asked  cruise trivia type questions
that had previously been answered
by another Princess Cruise ship's 
passengers.  
Teams would write down their answers
and turn them in up on the stage.
Points were allowed for different
answers and eventually the winners
won a little gift of some sort.
It was a fun afternoon.


Here's the mocktail menu.


I ordered the sunshine daiquiri.
 It was a bit sweet.
Afterwards it was time to get ready for 
our first formal night.
We met at 5 to have a group photo
taken of all 14 of us
who were on the cruise together.
That took awhile,
and we were practically late again
for dinner in the Donatello Dining room.

Ah well,
it was okay.
But... I didn't take photos of
our dinner that night.
I had to research online
to find a menu from the first formal night.
It reminded me of what I had.

Salad course:
Applewood smoked duck breast
with zesty cranberry/blackberry relish
and baby greens.

Pasta course:
Fettuccine Alfredo
I wanted to try this as it was another
menu item that was popular on Cruise Critic.

Main course:
Pan Seared Barramundi with chive 
and mustard seed butter sauce,
served with three asparagus spears,
and two little potato batons.

Potato batons?
They were just some cut up 
into torpedo shaped pieces.
Oh, and Barramundi is some sort of
white fish.  It was good!

  I did remember to take photos 
of our desserts.
 

 This is the fabulous, famous,
delicious
Princess Love Boat Dream Dessert.
  I read lots and lots of reviews 
that raved about this dessert. 
So you know I just had to try it.

I found a recipe for it,
but I don't know if it's authentic or not.
Here you go.

This is a rich, fluffy mouse flavored with Godiva liquer served by Princess Cruise Line. This recipes makes 8 servings.
Ingredients
1 pound bittersweet chocolate
8 ounces sweet butter
6 large egg yolks
8 egg whites
3 ounces lady Godiva chocolate liqueur
1/2 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons vanilla-flavoured sugar
Garnish
16 fresh mint leaves
1 ounce white chocolate
1 ounce milk chocolate
2 tablespoons strawberry piping gel
2 tablespoons bittersweet cocoa
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add the butter. When the mixture is very smooth, quickly blend in the egg yolks and the chocolate liqueur.
Whisk the egg whites until very still, and then add the superfine sugar and flavoured sugar.
Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a heart shaped mold and refrigerate for at least 12 hours to set.
Presentation
Unmold the chocolate and place in the center of the plate. Garnish with white chocolate and milk chocolate. Pipe strawberry gel around the plate. Dust mousse with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh mint leaves  



Rick chose the creme brulee


and coffee.

Afterwards,
most of us went to see a
production show "Stardust" with the 
Golden Princess Singers and Dancers.


Well ..., you can sort of see them,
they're those golden glowing
people down on the stage.


 Here's a better photo of the Princess Theater
that I took the previous day when we
were exploring the ship.
It's located up in the bow of the ship
on decks 5 and 6.

Soon it was time to call it a night
after a very tiring day.


Our room steward Julio 
had been there to turn the bed down for us.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh, how lovely not to mention fun....OK I'll mention the FUN! I love cruising and I'm just saying its hard coming off of a cruise - reality hits - but we're not going to mention any of that - How exciting for you and that food, in all their varieties - and the entertainment, the ship, Well, I'll keep dreaming while you keep enjoying!

    Funny my neighbors are on an Alaskan Cruise - don't know their ship but wouldn't it be crazy if you guys were sailing at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right regarding the post cruise let down. After so many months of anticipation... and then it's over. But I did enjoy the cruise to the max. It was fun and I want to go again... and again.

      Delete
  2. Crème brûlée would have been my choice too. Sometimes those things that lookso good really aren't. I would've had to have tiramisu and it would've kept me up all night. Enjoyed your pictures thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but we do love coffee flavor, so tiramisu was right up our alley. I don't think we saw it again, because I'm sure we would have chosen it at some point.

      Delete

It is so nice to hear from you.