Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11, 2011 Veteran's Day ~ Parade


The last remaining U.S. Marine Corps
mounted color guard,
riding wild mustang palomino horses
 rescued from the
Bureau of Land Management's
Adopt a Horse program.


Vietnam War Veteran ~ Roger Yellowknife





Sargent 1st Class ~ Squad Leader
Korean Combat Veteran
Hurled himself atop a Chinese grenade
to protect his comrads. 





Photos of the Veteran's Day Parade
Shasta Lake City
November 5, 2011


3 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you for taking me there since I didn't get out of my house today!
    I love seeing all of those cute little old dudes!
    Shasta Lake City. Which one is that? All those Lake Shasta Cities confuse me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures!!! I love the contrast between the old gentleman and the little girls.

    Thank you for your kind words on my Beef Stew... I didn't know it was close to the Better Homes recipe... Did you make the Stew?

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! Very touching the reenactment! xo

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.