Thursday, November 17, 2011

Candle Mat



My latest stitching project.
I found the pattern at a local
quilt/craft/sewing shop.

I'm working on four of these.
That was 136 pieces of wool felt to cut
out. Yikes!  I've finished this one.
The other three still need the
embroidery, beads and the backing
sewn on yet.  I pushed hard
to finish this one by today.
It's for someone very special
to me.



Kristine. 
 Happy Birthday Sweetheart.
I hope you are having a wonderful week
at Disneyland.  See you soon.
Love Mom. 

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful and I can appreciate all that handwork you put into it. Where do you get your wool felt? Is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! The beads are a lovely touch.

    I love working with felt, got a few projects of my own going right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely...perfect stitches and such lovely beads! A lot of cutting but so worth it.

    Thanks for stopping by to visit my dogs. I just got my first dog six years ago and I couldn't live without one now!!! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool - it must be nice to be so "crafty".

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.