I love this small home town parade,
with it's community spirit
and patriotism on display.
Our morning started here
at the fire hall, along with everyone
else getting ready to
participate in the parade,
or to bundle up on the sidelines
to watch the parade go by.
I remember coming to the fire hall
when I was a kid to see Santa.
We each received an orange,
a bag of un-shelled nuts, and
probably a candy cane.
I remember the orange though,
as oranges were a rare treat for us.
I can't believe this was fifty years ago...
~
The cooks working the grill.
On the menu:
Pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs,
coffee and orange juice.
~~~
~~~
Doesn't this car look like
it belongs in a movie
from the past?,
And doesn't she look
absolutely right for the part?
~~~
~~~
The end.
~~~
Well not quite.
These fellas bring up the rear.
They're Redding's Asphalt Cowboys
shooting holes in their straw hats,
making lots of noise, and having
a grand old time.


Looks like everyone had a swell time. And those horses rumps made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteI love small town parades.. small town everything really.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.