Friday, November 18, 2011

ACS Think Pink Tea 2011 ~ Southwestern Style



What we didn't know
until after every one had been seated,
 was that this table was very special.


The lady who owned this Southwestern pottery
did not win her battle with cancer.


She was our sobering reminder
that the battle against cancer 
 was why we were there.
I received a letter of Thanks yesterday
from the local chapter of the
American Cancer Society.
Together we raised nearly 11,000 dollars
to help with the fight.
I am humbled.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table, and I am sure for a beautiful lady who lost her battle with cancer. It sure does give us all a "wake up call". I am so glad you help out with that! Great job helping raise that much money, I am sure it will go for good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Such a lovely event. I'm sorry she lost her battle.

    Cancer has reached so many of us in different ways. My first experience with cancer in our family was 25 yrs. ago when my (favorite) aunt battled breast cancer and lost. She was such a fighter and we thought she was going to make it. She is were I get my desire to create. She was the driving force of laughter and she wanted to keep her "body in tact". Had she realized she would be a woman regardless of her physical appearance, she could easily be here today. It just wasn't Gods will though.

    Thanks so much for sharing this event with us. It means so much more than beautiful tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.