Just one more tea post (after this one) and
I'll be finished with the Think Pink Tea Tables.
Here's Santa in his frosty world
of Silver, White and Blue.
~~~
This bird house was huge and had
several potted chrysanthemums on top.
I love the guest towels
and the cute mint tins
that she had at each place
setting for her tea party guests.
~~~
I didn't make it back to the ACS thrift
shop to use my 25% off discount coupon.
We did go there on a Friday ...
but they were closed to get ready for
a Holiday Open House the following day.
The coupons are were good for an
entire month after the tea, and
were reuseable as well.
This weekend we split and stacked
another cord of wood for our woodstove.
Just seeing the completely filled
wood room, plus three rows
of stacked wood down on the driveway
gives a great scense of satisfaction and comfort.
I get the same feelings
when looking at a pantry shelf
filled with home canned jams,
pickles and such.
This weekend was also our
Thanksgiving Potluck at Seniors.
I roasted a whole boneless ham,
while a friend baked a half a ham
to go with it. We planned on 50 people
so we needed a lot of ham.
Let me tell you something.
There's no reason you should
cook a whole ham, still intact.
Unless you're going to present it
at a carving station... or something like that.
Just cut the durn thing in two and
save yourself a whole mess of anxiety
on whether or not it's going to be done
in time... OK.
It was delicious.


The silver is pretty with just a sprig of blue.. nice.
ReplyDeleteThat bird house is certainly interesting.. however you can't see the person across from you.. lOL.. but still very nice theme.
I agree about having a stockpile of necessities, its very comforting.
I love that you have shared these table settings with us. There are some very creative and talented ladies in your area.
ReplyDeleteI envy your stockpile of wood. We haven't had a wood stove for about 12 years and I sure do miss it. Nothing like a good wood fire to warm you up in the winter.