Monday, September 1, 2014

Skagway, Tuesday July 22, 2014


I've always been an early bird
type person and on this trip
those early morning views from the 
balcony were extra special.



Most of the time, 
I'd be out there in my pajamas and robe.
Why not?

No one else was up 
  taking in the views from their balconies
at 4 AM.



Not wanting to make noise
with Rick still sleeping,
I'd leave the balcony sliding glass
door wide open.
It was a bit noisy opening and closing it.
It just about froze him out,
but it was fabulous to have
crisp, cold, and wonderfully fresh air.


We passed by a glacier 
 in the Taiya Inlet.


There's another glacier
ahead of the ship that's in front of the Golden.


 What a view that must be from the bridge.
I do like being able to see 
everything without a window
in the way though.




Good morning sunshine!
It was another beautiful day.
Sunrise was at 4:27 AM.
Sunset  9:37 PM.
Weather forecast:  
Partly cloudy with a high 
of 66 degrees.


Oh, wouldn't you love to have coffee
 in that circular room
every summer morning while watching
the cruise ships pass by?



The mountains and that glacier
are huge behind that house.



Glacier waterfalls.


We passed by the town of Haines
on our way into Skagway.


Haines population is 2500 people.
Haines is just 15 miles away from Skagway
by water, but if you want to drive it's 359
miles via the town of Whitehorse.



I'm thinking the ferry would be preferable.

   
About 40 minutes after passing Haines
it was time to dock in Skagway.


Our neighbors the Solstice,


The Coral Princess,


and the Zuiderdam with a little tug along side.
There may have been another ship in Skagway
as well that day.  I do know it was extra 
crowded in town.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures....such a pretty blue of the mountains. Oh yes...would love to have coffee in that circular room in that big house....would just love to see that house...maybe stay there a few days???? Nice.
    louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more pictures I see of Alaska the more I would love to take this trip. It would be well worth having a room with a balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an early bird..LOL
    Love the beautiful pics (:)
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am getting caught up on reading blogs! So far these pictures are fantastic. I will be working my way up and adventure the trip together with you :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.