Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ketchikan's Creek Street


  Ketchikan does call itself
the Salmon Capital of the World.
I really liked this weathered bench.


Creek Street, is said to be 
the most photographed street in Alaska.




I loved the colorful reflections 
in the water.




Creek Street was once the Red Light District
with more than 30 brothels.
The sign on the side of the building
proclaims:

"Dolly's House, 
where both men and salmon
came upstream to spawn."


A quick peek inside one of the stores
along Creek Street.
The stores were very crowded.



Watching the salmon 
heading up the creek to spawn.



Cruise ship parking.
Right up against the street.
You couldn't get lost in Ketchikan,
it's only three blocks wide
and you can see the ships towering
above the buildings from
just about any location in town.


We definitely need to go back
for some more time in Ketchikan.
It was my favorite port city.


Loading more supplies 
into the ship.


Yep, they were loading fresh  Alaska seafood.
All the seafood and fish dishes
I ate onboard were delicious.



Heading back onto the ship.


Wow!
I'd love to see what it's like inside.




Passengers still walking up the gangway.



Farewell Ketchikan.



1 comment:

  1. Love places with some history...must have been something in it's heyday. Family were here from Chicago and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, one of the older homes in town...gosh was it beautiful, large, large dinning room and bedrooms, antique furniture...nice place to stay the night.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.