The appetizers offered
at the last dinner.
I chose this watermelon
and feta cheese salad.
It had toasted pumpkin seeds,
chives, and a light dressing
of olive oil and lemon juice.
Oh my gosh, this one dish
triggered a watermelon craving
and we've had watermelon
in the refrigerator ever since the cruise.
Too bad the season is coming to an
end though... or perhaps that's good.
It will make us appreciate it again
next summer when it's back in season.
The last melon we purchased
turned out to be less sweet and
not as good as the rest of them
had been.
We purchase the seedless melons
and each one lasted us about a week.
I was going to try to recreate this
salad at home, but the pumpkin seeds
were very expensive...
I only saw a two pound bag,
and certainly didn't need that amount.
But I did top chunks of watermelon
with feta cheese.
It's good even though it doesn't sound
that appetizing.
It's the saltiness of the feta that goes so
well with the watermelon.
I recently saw a photo of pumpkin
bread that had a topping of pumpkin
seeds baked on top.
Now that looked really good,
and it would be another way to
use up a supply of pumpkin seeds.
Rick chose the Sauteed Chicken and
Veal Sweetbreads with Mushrooms.
It was good, but way too rich.
We didn't order from soup, salads
or pasta courses.
I didn't get a photo of our dinner plates.
We both ordered the Grilled New York
Cut Strip Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce.
After the heavy seafood lunch
we had earlier, neither of us wanted
more seafood or fish.
Dessert menu.
I chose the Milky Chocolate Hazel Nut Souffle
with warm amaretto sabayon.
Our water set the Souffle down
in front of me, and then plunged
a spoon into the center creating a hole.
Then he poured the amaretto sabayon
over the top... gosh... it was good.
See, really light and fluffy inside.
Rick didn't order a dessert,
but Jackie shoved her cheese cake
over at me for a photo.
She'd gotten used to me
taking food photos by then.
After dinner,
we're sailing into Victoria, BC.
There's our cruise neighbor,
the Westerdam.
A cute little tug boat
ready to help if needed (I guess).
I still loved watching the
dock workings as we snug up
into the berth.
Ready to tie us up
for our short stay.
We arrived around
7:30 PM and had to be
back aboard by 11:30 PM
with sail away shortly after that.
The gangway ready to be put in place.
Across the way,
the Westerdam is getting some paint
touched up.
See that guy hanging from the ropes.
He's wearing an orange life vest
and while hanging off the side...
he's painting the hull.
Meanwhile the preparations
for debarking continue.
They even brought street lamps
with hanging flower baskets
to welcome us to the port.
Attaching the safety net.
The Norwegian Jewel is berthed
on the other side of us.
It kind of looks like more of a party
atmosphere across the way with
those palm trees lining the top deck.
Well, there's just two more posts
about the cruise to get through.
Didn't think it would ever end ~ did ya.
I was beginning to feel that way myself.
.jpg)


Mmmmmm watermelon and feta cheese sounds like a nice salad. Two more blogs about your trip??? I will miss them, completely enjoyed your trip.
ReplyDeleteLouise