Trinidad's Memorial Park Lighthouse.
This is an accurate replica of the
original historic lighthouse
built in 1871 that is still operating.
The view here is looking South
from the rugged, rocky bluff
overlooking Trinidad Bay.
(Northern CA Coast)
Now the four photos below
have been taken from the same
location. Pretend you are facing South,
and then scan the horizon
looking left to right...
South to West if you will.
Beautiful eh?
That's the Trinidad pier in the
above photo.
Beyond the pier is Trinidad Head,
which hides the actual Trinidad Lighthouse
on the other side.
The Coast Guard
replaced this original fog bell,
with modern counterparts
out at the Trinidad Head Lighthouse.
They also replaced the Fresnel lens
from the lighthouse in 1947
and donated both to the Trinidad Civic Club
for display in the Memorial Park.
Not shown in these photos
are the memorial plaques
dedicated to the fishermen
who lost their lives at sea.
It's a very somber memorial.
But oh so beautiful.
We love Trinidad
I have quite a bit more
to share from this special place.


SO beautiful. Oh.. how I miss CA.!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful indeed. How I would love to go there....
ReplyDelete