Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Monday


OK,
This is not exactly a nice
way to start out the week.

We live in the woods though,
and have come to expect scorpions
in the summertime.

I can tell you that it feels
like a shard of glass sliver
slipping into your skin when
they sting you.

This isn't the greatest photo,
but I wasn't about to let this one
get away, while asking it to pose
for one more shot.  Nope, I got what
I needed, and he got what he got.

 Enough said,
right?

P.S.
We have rattlesnakes also.

6 comments:

  1. YUCK! BLECH..... AHHHH.... Makes me want to shriek! Scared to death of those things. We have snakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the ugh! Hope there aren't any of those around here but we do have snakes!
    Patty I saw your profile and was wondering how many years Rick put in and what rank when he reitred? If Chuck had stayed in the full 30instead of 27 I would have had 27as a navy wife instead of the 24 Chuck says he retired because he didn't want to serve under Clinton! Chuck retired as a Master Chief. I keep remembering back when I met him and he still had just under 2 years in when I met him and all he talked about was getting out of the navy and going back to IL to his steel worker job! Glad that he didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww! Not my idea of a friendly little bug. And rattle snakes too? You were so brave to get that close to get a picture. Did you squish it after you took the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't found any of these yet, but then I never hang out under the deck, which is probably where they are. Let's see. Shasta Lake. I always get those Shasta cities mixed up. I am 30-ish miles north-east of Redding for the past 6 years.
    Aren't there about six Shasta titled towns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey All,

    Amy, they are awful. Not fun at all.

    Cathy, He was in the Navy for 20 years, plus six civilian years working in the robotic silicon wafer industry in the SF Bay Area. Said good bye to that, sold our home in Napa and moved home to be closer to family.
    Retired as a CPO. I completely understand your feelings on the Clinton years and his disconect with the military and our feelings then. We have President Clinton's signature as Commander in Chief on Rick's retirement orders.
    At the time it certainly felt a bit insulting, but that was then.

    Connie, Yep, he was squished and disposed of before he could run under the refrigerator. Our home is built into a hillside, and it's impossible to keep them out. Luckily only a few a year show up inside.

    Lynn, City of Shasta Lake, incorporated Summit City, Project City and Central Valley some time ago in the 90's becoming the City of SHasta Lake or Shasta Lake City depending upon who you talk to. Old timers here still call it Central Valley, which is a very hard habit to break. I know I still call it CV.

    There is also Shasta which is west of Redding, the old gold rush era County Seat. Then of course there's Mt. Shasta (city) to the north of us. I'm not sure if there are other Shasta's.

    We are a bit north of Redding and Shasta Lake City.

    Thanks to all of you for leaving nice comments. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nasty thing! Glad we don't have them around here!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.