Thursday, June 16, 2011

Someone had a bad day.



 I had planned to post
a recipe for Super Fast Tilapia Parmesan
from Gooseberry Patch's cookbook
'Home Style in a Hurry',
but the photo of said Tilapia
 with steamed  broccoli on the side
 is missing from the computer,
and I've already
 cleared off the camera card.

Rats ! 

 Because it just so happens that the
photo was the best food styling photo
I've ever taken.

(kinda sorta)


I'll have to make it again,
as soon as I buy another lemon.
It was good ~~ you'll have to take my
word on it.   I shouldn't post the recipe
without an accompanying photo.


But I will,
(because I changed my mind)
since it's quick and easy,
and makes a nice summer time dinner
with fresh steamed vegetables.




 One of the fiberglass pontoons failed
making this a very bad day for the owners.


I cut this recipe in half and
 it was enough for four
tilapia fillets.

Super-Fast Tilapia Parmesan
from Goosberry Patch
as submitted by Kendall Hale

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter softened
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen)

In a small bowl,
blend together all ingredients
except fish fillets;  set aside.
  Arrange fillets in a single layer
 on a lightly greased broiler pan.
Broil on top rack of  oven for 2 to 3 minutes. 
 Turn and broil other side for 2 to 3 minutes. 
 Remove from oven;
cover fish with Parmesan mixture. 
Broil for 2 additional minutes,
or until topping is golden
 and fish flakes easily with a fork. 
 Makes 8 servings.

I'll try to remember to add a photo of the finished
dish to this post at a future date.  

2 comments:

  1. I think the owners of the boat could enjoy the wonders of your meal about now...
    Not fun for them!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.