Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Feta Cheese and Spinach Orzo Pasta


OK, so there's no feta cheese in this photo.
  I tried this recipe the first time using the
feta cheese, and we
  thought the feta cheese was a bit too
sharp/strong.  On the second try
I used fresh grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
instead of the feta and we preferred the Parmesan.
 

Here's the original recipe (below).

Treasure Cave Feta Cheese
and Spinach Orzo Pasta

1 cup orzo pasta
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
10 ounce frozen chopped spinach,
thawed and drained. (used 16 oz. pkg.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 package of Treasure Cave
 Crumbled Feta Cheese (use 4 ounces)
dash of fresh ground pepper

Directions

Cook pasta in boiling water until tender,
about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large frying pan,
saute garlic in olive oil;
add spinach and stir until hot.

Drain pasta and stir into spinach mixture.
Stir in salt and pepper, then gently fold
Feta cheese into mixture.  Serves 4

Now, back to  ~ feta cheese.
In Costco they were passing out samples
of feta cheese.  Delicious of course.

Instead of putting it on a cracker as expected,
they were combining it with a half a cherry tomato.
Feta cheese plus tomato = Yum!

So, at home I've chopped up some
fresh (not from the garden yet)
tomatoes,  and  added some crumbled feta cheese
on top.  Seasoned with salt and pepper. It was so good.

Now I need to find more feta recipes that
we like, because I have a
Costco size container (different brand)
of Feta cheese to use,
 and there's  just the two of us. 

I know I said I'd be on a blog break for the rest of the  week,
but I had some time this evening.  I thought this would be a
quick post to put up.  Well ~~
  This blogging takes way more time than
you expect it to ~~ right?


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious / light summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took out the orzo today and wondered what I could make with it...that looks so delish! Maybe I even have the spinach...if I dig deep enough!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.