Thursday, June 9, 2011

Garden Tour Part 2

The second home
overlooking the Gold Hills Golf course,
featured a hillside garden.

Out front the owner
had two matching blue
glazed pots, each planted exactly the same. 

 Somewhere
in blog land quite recently
a blog friend gave a general rule
about planting interesting
gardens in pots.

   I can't give credit
but it's one of these blogs
on the right hand side ---->
(can't remember where I saw it.)

Anyway ~ she said to plant:

1. Something spikey
   2. Something rounded
 3. Something trailing

Here's a nice example.


OK, on to the back yard.
I like curvy paths that invite
you to go further to see what's
hidden around the corner.


Here's one of my favorite
features.  The weather worn window frame.


All it needs is a little lift up
with this shepherd's hook.


We weren't allowed
to follow the paths down the steep
hillside.  I can certainly understand why.



We could enjoy the view
from the deck.
 Looking over the golf course.


From Left,


to the center,


and then to the right
which would be looking westward.


Then just around the corner
from the deck,
this peaceful setting
with a water fountain
and the soothing sound of bubbling water.


I think I would like to add
a water fountain to my wish list.

 Next time
I'll share the tea setting.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! That sure would be something to have something like that. I'll stick with "small though" - actually Jerry will, he takes care of the outside.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.