Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dream Car via Ya-Ya Sisters

I just love these actors (actresses)
in the Movie Divine Secrets of the
Ya-Ya Sisterhood.



The lady in the middle
Fionnula Flanagan plays
Teensy in the movie.

The character Teensy
reminds me so much of
our Aunt Helen, whom I miss terribly~
it makes my heart ache.
~~~
Anyway, during the movie
Teensy is driving the convertible
in the photo below with her sassy
attitude and determination to stop
Vivi (Ellen Burstyn) 
from creating a bit more trouble.

Oh how I love this movie,
but that isn't what this post
is going to be about.
Teensy: [leans down to inspect her car and shouting]
You are soooooo lucky!... if you put one scratch on my baby, I would have your ~~~ !

It's all about the car,
and the sassy carefree feeling
it evokes.

Yeah, something like that.

Look what I spied
down at the Air Force base.



Ooh, 
Curves and a cute personal licence plate.

At first I though, hmmm, must be
a pilots car, after all we are on
an Air Force Base.


Oops, its a Saturn SKY
oh ~  never mind.


Well I like it!
Wouldn't this be fun to
drive up highway 101
next month along the northern
California and Oregon Coast?



With a scarf flying,
and lots of sunscreen,
and darkened glasses.
Yeah baby!
Gotta have that sassy attitude
to go with it.



Ooh, leather interior.
Be still my dreaming heart...

So ~ today I'm checking the
Internet to find out a bit of info
on this dream car...
and guess what?

                                                                       SATURN SKY


"Thanks for your interest in the Saturn SKY. As you probably know, the entire Saturn brand is being phased out. Even though the SKY has been taken out of production and there are no longer any Saturn vehicles available, the fuel-efficient, fun-to-drive spirit of Saturn continues in both our Certified Used program and in the lineup of exciting new cars and trucks ..."

 Isn't that just the
cats pajamas...

I'll have to stick with
my other dream car,
which isn't quite so bad.

It's little hybrid self
gets 45 MPH.
Bet the SKY doesn't get that.  

p.s. Dear Husband,  I wasn't seriously thinking
that we'd be getting a new car...


1 comment:

  1. That was a real neat car! I haven't watched that movie, maybe I could check it out. I heard it was good.
    We will probably never get a new car - it is used cars for us, and we plan on driving ours until they can't run anymore.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.