This was my favorite garden
on the tour, and this is just
the side yard.
It seems to be the closest
to what I could accomplish
at our own home.
The soil, the partial shade from the trees,
are the same challenges I contend with here.
Cousin Joyce asked
why our gardens don't look this good.
Probably because we
don't quite have the same
time, energy, money, determination
etc. to put into our yards.
But this garden is
proof, that it can be done
given enough time
and tons of compost to amend
our red rocky soil.
I ( well actually Rick)
could rip out the lawn,
which is the
only flat space we have.
I'm sure the deer would
absolutely love this.
I'd have to install higher fencing ~~~
I wish I could spend more
time there seeing the garden
change during the seasons.
I'd love a garden bench
somewhere in the middle.
It would be wonderful in the mornings
wandering about with a mug of coffee.
I'd be enjoying the garden visitors,
the birds, butterflies, frogs, lizards,
and bees.
But not the deer.
They just don't understand
that this isn't a grocery store.
A gal can dream right,
because in truth, I'm
barely keeping up with
the gardens I already have.
Granted they are all on a hillside
and not nearly as lush as this
garden was. But someday perhaps
they will be ~~~
if the deer let me.
After every garden tour,
we come home full of enthusiasm
to renew our gardening efforts,
and then the heat sets in...
and we head to the lake.
Ah, summertime. Gotta love it.


You are right ...takes LOTS of time energy and MONEY! I guess that is why I don't have one...lol..I seem to going for more inanimate objects lately...something I don't have to tend to. Must be the lack of estrogen.....Thanks for the comment tip...I am doing that ...It is just such a pain to sign in every time...spoiled, I guess...plus I can't help but think every time we sign in somehow they get a little info from us...I'm sure they could fix it if they wanted...
ReplyDeleteGorgeous blooms in that garden. There is no way in this TX heat that we could have such lush plants. Thanks for coming by my place and for the nice comments.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, positively gorgeous! I could sit and look at that garden all day. Weeding it may be another story.;O)~
ReplyDeleteAh yes what beauty! I am sure it is quite a bit of work and I am sure they have plenty of help! I will take simple and easy!
ReplyDelete