Yesterday from the kitchen porch,
there was a golden glow that stood out
in the woods across the property.
A lone branch was illuminated
with a beam of sun that reached in through
the pine trees and set the oak leaves aglow.
Our oaks are making the change
from summer green to golden/brown
with a brief peek of yellow in between.
Of course Liberty
wanted her time in the spotlight.
See that golden glow on her ear?
She says,
"I was good yesterday!"


Good Girl Liberty!
ReplyDeleteLiberty is a beautiful dog.... what a sweet face. Our fall colors were starting to look great here and now it is raining so everything looks a little dreary.
ReplyDeleteLiberty glows mightily! You should have been with us at the Greek in the trees! Great memories! I switched to CD's of all my Neil albums. Ineed a ND concert now and then.
ReplyDeleteThat's a start Libs...
ReplyDeleteThe colors out here in Iowa were spectacular! Even now as the leaves fall, there are still some beautiful red ones left and some yellow ones. I enjoy seeing the leaves on the ground (but I don't have to rake them, because we don't have a tree in our yard). We have planted some trees though, so someday.
ReplyDeleteI sure love those OAK trees back in CA, but I love ALL TREES! No, I am no a tree hugger. :)
That dog of yours is really growing fast! She is pretty.
The leaves are so beautiful this time of year! Love that look on Liberty's face.
ReplyDelete