Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Own Version of 'Marley and Me'



You remember the movie
'Marley and Me' about a destructive
lab puppy.

That movie came out 
about the same time 
we lost our own yellow
lab Brinkley.  

Marley and Brinkley
looked liked they could have been
twins, the resemblance was so strong.
It broke our hearts watching that
movie in the theater. 
It took us several long years
before deciding we were ready 
to take on another dog after 
Brinkley passed away 
way too soon.   

Anyway...

We have Marley's 
evil red/yellow lab twin sister.
Her name is Liberty...

Damage is 9 inches wide!

Adding to my shopping list:

A sheet of drywall
Dry wall screws
Mesh joint tape
Drywall joint compound
Paint


Liberty dug a hole in the
hallway wall yesterday
while I was at poll workers training
for the upcoming election.
She was confined to the hallway
and the laundry room/her bedroom.
She's lost her hall pass.


Rick is taking Nov. 6 off work
so that he can babysit the sweet
little puppy while I'm working 
at our precinct's polling place.



"She's just a puppy!"

Cousin Phylis
This post was for you
and dedicated to Barney.
The best and sweetest dog
ever... besides mine.




4 comments:

  1. I got so tired of hearing 'She's just a puppy"..The trouble is..Labs are puppies for a very long time...Gotta love then though..I just moved so I'm kinda out of touch..Your pictures are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. she lost her hall pass. Every time one of my little doggies has done something mischievous I have to remember
    that they get bored and lonely when we leave them. As aggravating as it is, they are just entertaining themselves. ;O)
    Perhaps some new chew toys? Sadey doesn't like them, but I know that most do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! Naughty puppy. It seems you and I are in the same boat, stuck between love and hate for our Labs. Our naughty puppy keeps taking the sewer pipe covers off the bottom of our RV and chews the heck out of them. Hubby has tried putting hot sauce on them to deter her but she doesn't seem to mind. The last time she did it he yelled at her which scared her so she ran into her kennel and when hubby tried to get her out to scold her she bit him, really hard. Needless to say she is still around and no puppies were injured in this altercation but hubby WAS NOT HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this and the comments said; I thought I am thankful to have a cat. BUT then I remember what our cat has destroyed. He loves to chew paper, so a few paper items that I wanted to keep - well you know... Now our poor cat is confined to the basement. He is so old that he has "potty" accidents. We really need to take him to the vet and say goodby - but we are being selfish for now. I am sure the time will come when we will have to. :( After that, Jerry said NO MORE PETS!!! I have to agree with him - never thought I would say that, but they do take a lot of time and care. We need our time to take care of some of our loved ones - people now. I sure will treasure time though of loving other people's pets. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.