Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012


Hey there,
it's a chilly and rainy afternoon.
I haven't started a fire in the wood
stove yet, but probably should have
a few hours ago.  I'm getting cold.


The house smells delicious and welcoming.
I just baked a wonderful spicy
pumpkin gingerbread cake
and poppy seed muffins.

The pumpkin gingerbread 
is loaded with cinnamon, allspice,
ginger, cloves and fresh grated nutmeg.
It's perfect for this season
and it's better the second day
after the spices and pumpkin have
blended. 
 It's for a family dinner tomorrow. 


The poppy seed muffins
are for this welcome basket
that I'm placing in the fifth wheel
for our guests that are due in this evening.


I did wrap the muffins in plastic
once they were cool.  I left them 
unwrapped for the photo op..
As I was taking photos,
Liberty grabbed the lens cap
and was merrily chomping away...
She's sneaky like that, and fast.
 I hadn't even realized what
she'd done until I couldn't find the lens cap.
It's not like she isn't already
in the dog house...
She broke my 
red glass birdbath yesterday.
GRRRR.
It was an accident ~ probably,
but still.
~~~
Liberty had a urine test today 
and she's free from the infection.
Yeah!
She'll have to be retested in a month,
but for now she's free and clear.

The last time we were at the vet
they asked us to  bring in her urine
sample on her next appointment
which was today.
Um, like how are we supposed to do that?

Well ~~~ 
you find a shallow and narrow dish
that you no longer care to use 
except for future dog uses...
Leash the dog, and send her out 
first thing in the morning with a husband...
When she squats,
 he slip the dish under her and hope 
for the best...

 Liberty is going to turn around
and wonder what the heck she just
squatted upon  and glare
up at her weirdo wonderful master.
She takes a few more steps before 
deciding that she NEEDS to go NOW.
Again with the dish, 
and ta~dah...

The deed was done
and it saved us an office charge,
plus what ever procedure they
use in the vet's office to 
 accomplish the same task.  

It also saved me from
waiting in the creepy small waiting
room getting all nervous and ready
to bolt like the last time.
This time I was by myself and would
have had to power through such feelings
if I had been stuck in there.
I did get her weight.
  She's now 49.7 pounds and six months old.




Mandarins are at the market.
Yeah!

 I wish we could have
an October with twice the number of days.
Wouldn't that be wonderful?
The leaves would have more time
to finish falling off the trees before 
Christmas.
We'd have an extra month of really nice
in between seasons weather.
We wouldn't be facing
 the holidays quite so fast.
 We'd finish the fall chores
preparing for the rains to come
and have time to enjoy 
fall weather...
There might be some 
crafting/sewing time.
I wish.

Please Vote!
Your ever so friendly precinct
poll workers like being busy on 
election days...

Have a great weekend!

 

3 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Gingerbread?... YUM! Never heard of or tried that combo before.
    Poor Liberty, she must be teething..... LOL! Sorry, I know its not really funny.. well.. when you tell the story it is. ;O) OH.. and I will DEFINITELY be voting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything pumpkin! I make pumpkin apple muffins - I freeze them. I haven't made them in awhile, I am hoping to soon! I bought some pumpkin bread the other day YUM!!! We are going to the Amish this weekend so I am hoping to pick some goodies and freeze!

    I thought that was funny about Liberty's urine - things we do for our pets. :) Glad she is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libs seems to have a lot of problems..Hope she soon gets over them..I can smell the muffins :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.