Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn Pears and Pity Party for One.

(PicMonkey altered photo)

Thursdays are my usual day
to spend time with friends.
We all try to keep our Thursdays 
clear of medical appointments,
or other obligations.
You can tell I hang out with 
Seniors...
Oh and I did get some mail
addressed to me
calling me a Senior Citizen.
Say what?

Last week I was gone and missed
out on our usual Thursday lunch
and afternoon games.

Today,  I would love
to be there, but I'm home 
instead with some extra time 
on my hands. 
Rats, I came down with a cold.
Phooey, I miss my friends.
They're there right now. 
Sigh.  
I'm having a 
pity party for one 
right here.

While I'm at it,
maybe I should tell you
that my regular camera lens 
is broken...

The camera got dropped out of the
camera bag in Reno.
I hope it can be fixed
rather than replaced. 
We don't need that extra expense 
right now.

same photo straight out of the camera

When we picked up Liberty
from 'doggy jail',
she was super excited to see us.
We weren't so excited to find
out that she needs a few more weeks
of Clavamox medication.
I had to look up how to spell
Clavamox and found out that
one of the side effects 
that Liberty has,
is normal for this med. 
I won't say what the side effect
is, but it involves cleaning up after her.
Um, yeah that's fun.

It's not so peachy keen around 
here right now.


But...
we are enjoying these 
delicious store bought pears.
Our pear tree might not be old
enough to produce pears yet.
It hasn't even bloomed yet
and it's several years old.
Maybe next year.

There's good news for us.
Next week it's supposed to rain!
Our deck is ready for it.

I'm off to make another cup of tea.
Take care.










5 comments:

  1. I think I've just proved to myself that I shouldn't try to blog when I'm not feeling up to par...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and yeah, I know this is all minor. It's the fever talking.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you are under the weather. Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluid, help your body flush it out.

    I would love to do a recap of the bazaar last weekend but I never even stopped to catch my breath before tackling more projects. Putting up a collage of current progects was about all I could muster. Today I got 4 of ten Santa hats completed with six about half way finished while watching a two year old. Um ya, not much accomplished today. Hopefully I will take a little time soon and post something a little more interesting than 'projects'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..I hope you and Libs are soon on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a bummer about your cold and the lens and Libby too for that matter. So sorry dear one!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.