When Rick's on leave
(sorry Navy life term)
I mean vacation,
I find it hard to remember just
what day it is ~ why is that?
What's going to happen
to my sense of time and daily routines
when he's retired?
I'll think about that in another
six years or so.
Lake level around 78 feet from the crest.
~~~~
In hindsight this should have
been the summer that we took
the boat off the lake.
We recently went out on the lake
mostly to check on the boat,
sweep, dust the seats, and at least
run the motor for a bit.
I keep a log/journal on board noting the date,
the lake level distance from the crest,
any unusual happenings, and other stuff
that may or may not prove interesting.
Anyway, it had been just
three day's shy of two months
since the last time we were out
on the boat... for cry~many's sake.
Oh, and that prior trip... I wasn't even
along for the ride. It was when
Rick took our daughter and her kids out
to go swimming.
We're planning to remedy that lack
of boating time as soon as we can.
It's almost fishing season.
This summer we spent time working
on our home and property instead
of heading out to the lake.
The second coat of Elastoseal
and some seam tape was applied to
the deck yesterday.
It's Tuesday right?
Today is also another painting day.
Tomorrow is not a painting day
unless the task master decides
to get a start on the first coat of porch paint
to cover the Elastoseal.
Sometime tomorrow,
we are heading out of town
we are heading out of town
for a couple of nights.
Yahoo! Vacation time for real,
and this time it will be without
Liberty. She will be boarding
at the Veterinarian's place.
She loves it there...
and so does our paycheck. (smile)
Her test results will probably
come back while we're away.
Meanwhile she's feeling just fine.


Isn't it fall where you live? A little tooo cool here now to go on the lake.
ReplyDeleteThe deck is looking fine, and I am glad that Liberty is doing fine also.
Enjoy your vacation.
Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams
Thats a nice outdoor area. We have a nice front porch and the back poarch is screened then we have the back deck area partially covered and a step down open deck and the area where the hot tub is. It was in the 30's last night and is suppose to be again tonight. Its getting cooler here and the leaves are slowly changing here. Its suppose to be 77 on Sat. so we are going to go out on the lake maybe the leaves will be pretty out there. Master bath project is coming along radiant floor heat today tile tomorrow. Then the wainscotting and trip go up after I get it all painted that is. Always something to do when you own a house!
ReplyDeleteYou're not the only one!!..Somebody had to remind me this morning that it was Tues..I thought it was Mon..
ReplyDeleteThat is a shame you haven't spent more time on the lake, it is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your little getaway, it's sounds like you deserve it after all of your home projects.
Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas and following, Patricia. I'm now your newest follower. Love your shots of the lake. A vacation! How fun. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteLiz
Well, it seems to me woman that you two go on quite a few vacations! How many vacation days does Rick have? I am happy you do, that way I can see all the cool pictures - and even when you don't go anywhere but your back yard I get to see the pictures.
ReplyDelete