Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This Morning ~~

This photo is from a couple days ago. 
 It's just some geese heading west
honking along the way.  
I love hearing them fly overhead.
The photo doesn't have anything to do with today's post.

 It's because, the crows just wouldn't cooperate.
It's been one of those days.



Irritable Morning.

This post contains rants
and a bit of  crow’s mating story.

Please ignore if you’re easily offended,
or in a bad mood yourself.



Did I lose you?

No? I didn’t think so.

OK, first of all this morning I was trying to be a nice blog neighbor and leave a comment , and when I pressed to post it, blogger messed up and the comment was lost.   L.O.S.T.   It happened to be the best comment I’ve ever written. You believe that right?

Yesterday, from my office window, I spied a couple of crow’s doing the hokey poky. He enticed her with something that looked like a small mouse. I’m not sure exactly what he had. He was up on a stump while down on the ground she sort of hunkered down a bit. She did a little back and forth dance sashaying her little tail feathers. He was impressed. They did the deed and then she flew to the stump and proceeded to eat whatever he had to offer her. He flew to a branch above her while she ate, and then they were off together, into the sun dappled woods. HA! The crows around here have been gathering nesting materials and it’s been interesting watching them getting ready for nesting season. But, they’re MIA this morning while I'm waiting around with my camera in hand ready to get a photo of them to accompany this blog post.

I left to go get my haircut this morning. My hair has been a bit too long for a week now. It’s getting so bad it’s starting to look like I have Bozo hair. So I get there and my hairstylist forgot to put my name down on her calendar four weeks ago when I was there for my last haircut. We ALWAYS set the time and date for the next haircut. I’m on a four week schedule. Yes! My purse calendar says 10 AM the 13th, of April. I didn’t make it up and write it down all by myself. It is the 13th right?   I’m screaming NO in my head, but find myself saying that “oh that’s OK, can we reschedule?"  In my head I’m hoping for later today, first thing tomorrow, anytime this week~~~ please oh please! I’m watching as she’s flipping ~~~ to next week and onto page after page until she stops on a page which is eight days later. “How about Thursday… at 10?” Out loud I’m saying “sure” and smiling sweetly, and in my head I’m screaming “You’re sentencing me to 8 more days of BOZO hair. You witch!" But I have to stay nice and sweet because she does a good job and I would hate to have a scissor wielding irritated hairdresser messing with my hair next week….next Thursday. Eight days from now. Sigh.

OK, then, on to Costco. I get out of the car after parking on the far side of the lot, and almost make it to the entrance and then realize I left the shopping list in the car. So, I walk back to the car and the list is not there. Sigh.
 It’s in my purse.

While perusing the books I spied a cookbook titled Almost Homemade. Almost Homemade~~~ what in the world would that mean? That’s one cookbook I’m not even going to peek inside of. It is a pet peeve of mine when recipes start with a can of soup or a package of this or that. I get it ~~ I really do. I just prefer recipes that don’t include ingredients that are already too processed.

 

This morning I annoyed myself silly writing notes to myself on my shopping list of things I wanted to include in today’s post.
 What if I forget something sweet, stupid, self-deprecating,
 or even perhaps slightly funny?

At the grocery store a small package of fresh basil just over 2 ounces sells for $3.48. Give me a break, that’s $24.64 a pound.
 Hurry up summer gardening.
I can’t wait to harvest all the basil I want for semi free.
Take that produce guy.



Someone called me Ma’am today.

 Ma’am ~ Sheesh


Yeah,
she just made my day.



2 comments:

  1. That was a good post - honest and true! I like those! It was a bit funny too - laughing with you woman though - you know the part about Bozo.

    I have had those days too, I am sure we all have. It sure makes me appreciate the good days that is for sure.

    I have been hoping to get an interview and not happened but once! I am trying not to get discouraged and have "tweaked" my resume so much. I am going to have another woman look at "them toay" - I have about 3 different ones. Job HUNTING is NOT fun! But I have been keeping busy with my volunteer work. Today I am going to go to a "volunteere deal" with other charities in the community. I am so looking forward to that. I will help "host" Aid to Woman, which is my passion.

    I hope your day is BRIGHTER today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear how familar your post sounds. I had that hairdresser thing happen to me to. I go to my hairdressers house and she had this look of surprise on her face. She forgot my appt! She doesn't write appts down for Dr's appt! I drive an hour to get my haircut its like an outing for me I can shop some stores I would never get to. Our closest town is Jamestown and all they have is a Walmart and a Save a lot! Anyway to make a long story short she asks me if I can come back later so I did get my haircut. Guess I should call her the day before (usually the other way around) to remind her! Now that I think of it she used to work at the Penneys hair salon and got layed off. I remember showing up once and she wasn't there. Wonder if thats why she got laid off? Oh well I like the way she cuts my hair and only charges $25.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.