Last week while visiting one of my favorite blogs,
I found a quick recipe that I thought would be
perfect for Saturday's Potluck with friends.
It has black beans of course,
along with corn ( I used frozen instead of canned),
and red bell pepper in a nice orange juice, balsamic vinegar dressing
that's flavored with cumin and garlic. Oh, and I used roasted garlic, rather
than raw. We're not fond of the sharpness of raw garlic, but like it cooked.
I loved this salad, although it was a bit lost among all
the baked beans that several people brought in to go
with the ham being served. It deserves to shine on it's own.
The recipe is from this post,
on Yvonne's Stonegable site.
Look for the Black Bean Salad recipe
on her Sunday's Smoker Day menu.
Be sure to spend some time exploring her blog. The Tablescapes are
fabulous. I love exploring there for tea party ideas. Just gorgeous.
If you're in a hurry to get the Black Bean Salad recipe,
click on the following link that will take you directly to her printable recipe.
This was easy and would be great in the summer
for picnics or backyard grilling time.
Besides the potluck,
our weekend was all about this:
Burning brush, cutting down dead trees and thinning some others.
Burning Toyon brush is hazardous. The leaves like to catch fire
and float upward with the heat and smoke. You have to watch
where the little bits and pieces
come down and land as they could easily start a fire elsewhere.
Like down your shirt ~~~ ahem.
Then you have to do a bit of a
bra pulling exhibition
while huffing air down your cleavage
to blow the ember out.
Yeah, it happens.


No comments:
Post a Comment
It is so nice to hear from you.