Saturday, April 9, 2011

A New Day

I'm sitting here at my desk facing a window and looking outside.
  The sun is just about to rise over the hill.  The clouds are glowing
with orange, purple, pink and blue behind the black oak and
ponderosa pine tree silhouettes.   The camera is downstairs, and 
the colors are lightening by the second.  So I will just enjoy my own little 
view of the morning, without missing anything during the minute it would take
to go get the camera.   Sorry this sunrise is just for me.   It's absolutely beautiful.

What else  this morning? I am grateful that it's a new day.
I get up earlier than Rick.  I set the coffee pot up but didn't turn
it on.  I'll wait for him to get up, so that we can enjoy that first
freshly made mug of coffee together.  It's kind of our normal  weekend routine.
  He brings my mug upstairs when it's ready. Meanwhile,
he's been downstairs starting the fire in the wood stove.  
On his second trip upstairs, he brings a slice of toast
and my morning pills (mostly vitamins, fish oil, calcium etc.).
I love our weekend mornings, when we're not expected to do
everything in a hurry to get out the door.  Oh, it sounds like I'm
a bit spoiled around here.   Yeah, kinda sorta.   But we do this for each other.
It's definately not one sided.

Today, I expect we'll be working on the hillsides in preparation for fire season.
Oh, and a trip to the lumber/hardware store is in order. 
 Rick has a raised bed project in mind,
and I ( OK, I mean Rick)  need to figure out fencing for my garden.

 I've been searching for new fabric for totes and getting discouraged.
I couldn't find anything I liked.  What I did like, was $10 a yard.  What?
For regular plain 100% cotton at a regular fabric store.
Wow, has fabric gotten expensive.
Anyway, I found this $7.99 a yard fabric yesterday on sale at 30% off,
plus I had a $5. off  your purchase of $20  coupon.
I love getting discounts.

New totes in the making.
When?
I haven't a clue. 
I'm too busy outside this month.


I love this orange/blue floral fabric.
I used to hate orange.  
  What can I say?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric! I bought fabric the other day, my friend is going to make me some kitchen curtains. I am so glad you and Rick spoil each other - we do too. I like to enJOY sunrises too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, Please send/post photos of your kitchen curtains when they're finished. I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.