Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Morning View

There's something a little bit special about this view,
from Rick's office/guest room window.
Both of the upstairs bedrooms/craft/office rooms
 have views of the hillside behind our house.
  Each window offers a slightly different view.
In this photo, the tree on the left ( a sugar pine trunk)
is blocking  the very tree that I would like to watch
from my window.  Why?


The dark area in the center of this photo
 is a squirrel nest as seen from Rick's window.
Soon there will be cute little baby squirrels
scampering up and down the trunks and along the limbs. 
 It's fun to watch their antics as they chase each other
through the limbs and round and round the trunks. 

I love my morning computer time
 with the last of my mug of coffee. 
 Movement outside my window, 
catches my eye as I check out the blogs, e-mail, 
 and listen to Good Morning America.  
 This morning, our  hawks were just above in the trees.
 As one was landing, the sun was behind it,
 so that  it's  wide spread wings 
 were glowing with golden brown colors.
  Just beautiful!

Of course, the squirrels are out there scampering around.  
What fun creatures to watch,
that is until they get in the garden
or steal from the plum and nectarine trees,  ~~~
then they're not quite so amusing.

I was visiting a favorite blog 
and one of the comments was from Cindy.
She wrote about how she appreciates her/our

"precious neighborhood of blogville".

Isn't that sweet.  
 I wrote down her name but failed to go back
to find her blog to include a link. For that I'm sorry,
but I just loved the way Cindy put it . A neighborhood!
Yep, that's the way I feel about my mornings
 while visiting my favorite blogs. 

One last thing this morning
before I get busy with the rest of the day. 
 Next week I'll be changing
to one blog post showing on a page, 
 rather than the three it was,
 and the two it shows now.  
 If you're used to scrolling down
 to see if you missed a post, they won't be there. 
 Check the blog archive to the right
to see if you missed a post
 or click on "older posts".  


Take care,  and

Have a Wonderful Easter Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I love watching squirrels! I love hawks - I call them "Awesome Birds". I think it is just amazing how God created all the "creatures". I like what Cindy said, "precious neighborhood of blogville" - I feel that way too.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.