Friday, April 8, 2011

Out on a Limb,




 Dear Politicians,

It is absolutely unconscionable
that you would use our military
as pawns in your game of chicken during your budget talks.
Which side is going to blink first eh?


Our military men and women
worldwide are dealing with wars  and military strikes on three fronts  right now.
 In Japan our military is dealing with with  the earthquake, tsunami,
 and possible nuclear damage.
 Don't you think they are just about  stretched about to their limits?
The last thing they need to be worried about is their paychecks
 and  how their families back home will get by.


I know the military families will pull together and get through this.
They always have, and always will.
I was a Navy wife for 20 years  and I know how
the families pull together in times of trouble.

It's about time you politicians learn a thing or two
 about serving this country and putting  aside personal 
or party line ideology  to work the budget out together.

  

 You are also messing with  the livelihoods of 800,000 federal workers.
(I'm not sure that count includes active duty military or not.)

  Each one of us (yes, Rick is a federal worker)
 will remember the threat of furloughs and the  anxiety
created by your  blame game when we line up at the polls to vote.

I know exactly who to blame, because it fall on both sides of the isle.
You've pissed me off and I usually take things in stride.
~Sigh~
Sorry, i just had to vent.
~~~
These photos were taken this morning
 using a telephoto lens from a second story window.
There were two squirrels way up there out on the edge of the branches.
I don't know what they found so interesting to eat besides the new leaves budding out.
The top photo only shows about a third of the tree.  It's very tall!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about the military for sure!!! I made a comment on Face Book. Looks like it is "over" for the time being, but we will remember and when it comes to vote -- good by all you spineless politicians!
    Those squirrels are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.