As part of the Railroad Days in Dunsmuir festival,
there was a tour of a few of the old train cars.
We bought a pass for one dollar each
and were able to get a feel for what train travel used to be like.
This is the California Zephyr.
The dining/kitchen car.
This photo was taken looking through the doorway gates...
What a mess. Don't you want to just get in there and do a bit of straightening up.
I would love to see this all spic and span.
I bet it was extremely hot to work in this space.
I'm assuming that this is the coffee pot.
The dining side of the car.
The Formica tables fold up along the sides of the walls.
The red diamond Formica inserts were nailed in.
They probably started curling up with age and heat deterioration.
The yellow/orange car is a sleeper car.
I couldn't get good photos of the little tiny spaces through the doorways.
This photo shows a mid quality sleeper room.
There were other rooms. One was rather extravagant, but I didn't get a photo.
The other rooms looked like a very cramped closet sized space
with a recliner seat that made into a bed.
Time to leave the rails and explore a bit more of Dusnmuir,
on the next post.


No comments:
Post a Comment
It is so nice to hear from you.