I was checking out old "sent" files in my e-mail account.
What a treasure trove there is to explore there.
Forgotten stories, and details of when what happened etc.Here's one I found of our first fire evacuation and the new pontoon boat in June 2007.
This is a photo from our neighborhood fire that occurred Saturday night. It burned 21 acres.
We were on our way home from the lake and saw the smoke from*** *** Road.
When we got to our turnoff, there were police barricades and we weren't allowed to get up the hill to our home. The police man told us that the fire was just north of the corner of *** ***** and ***** Way. Our lane connects there as well, so it really scared us that the fire was so close. We went to our friends house which was just around the corner by the freeway directly across a hill from the fire. We parked our boat there on their property and left it there overnight. We weren't sure when we were going to be allowed to get home. We had Brinkley with us, so that wasn't a worry thank goodness. We went to our previously planned potluck at the Seniors to go ahead and have dinner. There wasn't anything we could do anyhow, and there wasn't any reason to miss dinner with our friends who were also going to dinner. She had made the mashed potatoes for everyone. We went empty handed, but hey, we couldn't get home to put together the salad I had planned on taking. When we got back to our neighborhood our road up the hill was open to our house. But half of **** **** was still closed with the firemen still in the area. One of our neighbors smashed her car into her sons car while they were trying to evacuate and he was coming up to see about helping her... I guess that's the story. The car is totaled. But I heard there wasn't any real injury. Thank Goodness! Thank Goodness - we didn't loose any homes this time either. The wind was blowing north at the time and we were thankful for that as our home would have been in harms way if the wind had been blowing to the south.
We had spent the day on the lake with our new pontoon boat. Yep, we went ahead and bought it on the 10th. We took it out that night for our shakedown cruise. Cool beans! We are so happy with it. But I was scared to pieces towing, launching, retrieving, etc. It's bigger than our old boat. Saturday we had it out for the second time and spent the day out on the lake. Rick caught one fish, a bass. It was a twelve incher and he released it back into the lake. I forgot to take the camera, but next time I will. We absolutely loved being out on the pontoon and even Brinkley can climb up the ladder to get back on board. Tonight we are taking it back to the dealer to have a full enclosure made for the boat so that we can camp or run during the shoulder seasons when it's a bit colder but better fishing weather. I think I heard that it would take two weeks, but I'm hoping I misunderstood and it would only take a week or less.



No comments:
Post a Comment
It is so nice to hear from you.