Friday, June 25, 2010

From the Garden.

Here's a small peek at what's growing over at the garden.
Swiss Chard,  Rainbow and Neon Brights.



Sorry for the blur on the next photo, but I wanted to show the color of these stems.
 Oops, I spy some weeds.
 

Green Beans are blooming.


So are the tomatoes.


Cucumbers are starting to climb and they have started blooming also.


Making an appearance in our garden for the first time,  Carrots!
 

In the background left to right, zuchinni, strawberries and peppers.
We're expecting our first 100 degree day this weekend. Sundays forecast 104*F.
Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like things are really growing.. your going to have quite a nice garden variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's lots more in the garden than what I've shown. The corn is starting to send up the tassels, the pumpkins are doing well. Radishes are done. Spinach is almost finished. I can't wait for the tomatoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty I have a good receipe for swiss chard (Giada from Food Network). I had never heard of them or had them before. I'll email you the receipe if interested. How do you fix yours? I have some planted in my garden as well along with red and white radishes, peppers, cucumbers, yellow and green squash, onions, carrots and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks really good! Glad I'm sending Conner with shorts for this weekend. 104! yuck! It's cold here in S.F. in the 50's 60's and drizzling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, yes on the swiss chard recipe. Sounds great.

    Thanks Kristine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice garden there that is for sure! Did it reach to 104 degrees? We had 80 something with humidity, but it really wasn't as bad as they had said before. We sure have been having a lot of storms though - ones that wake you up at night.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.