I loved this gate and wondered about what was behind it. A business of some sort.
Checking online a week later, I discovered it's the home and shop of an artist.
She makes jewelry, does watercolors, etc. Her site is interesting and she sells on Etsy.
Click here for a peak behind the gate.
Photo Below: This the Window Box Bonsai and Art Gallery.
They've changed.
It used to be the Window Box Nursery,
and they used to have a cool collection of plants
that weren't available in your average nursery.
It's the location of where we had a Pot Party a couple of years ago,
for a Red Hat Society gathering.
Yes, I said Pot Party.
As
in
potted
plants.
We got to pick out a pot, and filled it with a variety of sun or shade loving plants for a set fee.
The soil was provided, but add any extra plants and it would increase your bill.
Mine promptly died, and I do have a green thumb.
I thought.
This property is pretty cool though. It's a narrow lot.
To the left side is a brick wall of one of the old buildings.
On this wall, grows a lovely hydrangea type vine.
On the right hand side you can see climbing old fashioned pink roses.
Plus a row of espaliered pear trees.
You can just see their trunks against the wall.
In the center, potted bonsai plants.
I'm not a fan of bonsai.
I'm a bit disappointed to see this business had changed.
The back of the property, goes practically straight up the hill.
They managed to make a great rock/creek/waterfall garden.
Just above the top of the photo, you can barely see a hammock.
There was a garden chair and table up there as well. I didn't get a photo,
cause the owners of the shop were relaxing. It really felt like we had intruded into their personal space.
They were open though.
One more thing. The waterfall is natural to this property.
An old building that is being restored.
I'm glad someone has the time and money to preserve these historic buildings.
These photos are all from the same neighborhood, across the way from the train station.
I love the colors that are being used on the buildings.
Just up the hill towards the center of town.
A mural or two.
One last photo.
I couldn't resist showing the end of our Dunsmuir tour.
Why oh why, is this a trend?


Thanks for the tour. I always enjoy seeing all the neat little hidden spots of small towns. SO much character.
ReplyDeleteThanks Patty we are enjoying the photo's and tour. Please email as I lost a bunch of my email addresses yours being one of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Cathy Elston