There's good news and bad news
about the wildfires.
The good news: The winds
have cleared the air while blowing
30 mph gusts from the north.
That's good for us,
but not so great for the firefighters.
This morning, another fire started.
This time it was closer to us
and the winds were pushing
the fire in our direction.
It seemed close enough for
me to start wondering if
I would need to evacuate
should the fire get out of hand.
The smoke blew in on my
neighborhood
and ash flakes
were falling from the sky.
Fire fighting aircraft flew
over head while sirens could
be heard heading up the freeway.
The fire started from
a wind blown tree falling into
the power lines and was contained
at 17 acres.
What really helped me to stay
calm and informed
on the new fire was a free app
I downloaded a week or so ago
for my smart phone.
It's called
Scanner Radio
and it's tuned into
my local Shasta County Fire
and EMS channel.
I have to say it again.
I'll be so thankful
when we start to get our
winter rain and be done
with this fire season.


SCARY!!! I didn't hear about that fire. The news has been full of "yuck" so I haven't been watching it. I know, cop out. I am enjoying the Iowa weather while I can. Soon winter will be here and COLD - of course fall first - my favorite time of the year!
ReplyDeleteOh my... that is scary. Apps these days are just so helpful in so many ways. Glad you found one that is going to help keep you safe.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you..What a way to live..
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you guys. Let's hope the weather starts to turn and bring in a few storms with rain for you.
ReplyDeleteWe have friends in Sisters, Oregon that are on standby to be evacuated. Fire is so unpredictable.
Stay safe.