Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Smokey Mornings


We're in the smoke 


from the wildfires that are 
still burning in the mountains around us.


These photos were taken this morning
from our deck.


What looks like a fire on the hillside
is our sunrise.
The camera doesn't pick up how red
it was, or how acrid the smoke is.
It's tough to breathe outdoors.



I'm enjoying my little garden on the hill.
This morning it was looking especially 
lush and green.
The small flowers (lower front)
 are Coreopsis 'Tahitian Sunset'.



Yes that zinnia is that 
bright orange/red color.
I am definitely planting zinnias
again next year.


This is the smokey view on the other 
side of the deck, looking west
at our neighbors property,


and then to the south.

It will be so nice 
to breathe fresh air
when the fires are out.
Hopefully as soon as possible.



8 comments:

  1. Oh you have a fun trip too
    .. thanks (:) I hope we will..
    cleaner air- oh good.. fires are so sad..
    sad sad..
    love the red flowers in your garden (:)
    hugs.p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me on those first couple picks. I thought that was the fire and I was wondering why y'all had not evacuated.
    Whew...Thank goodness thats not the case. Beautiful garden pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!!! That cannot be fun. I thought the fire had gotten close enough to see flames until you clarified that it was the sun. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be awful not to have fresh air. I'm so sad for the wildlife that has been misplaced. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally feeling ya, we're surrounded by fires too! But your lovely flowers, now that's a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid I couldn't live there with all that smoke I have ashma. I hope you guys won't end up with lung problems breathing in all that smoke. I also thought the fire was close by glad it wasn't. Before I forget, can I have you tomatoe jam receipe? My neighbor thought that was interesting so I may make some they are the ones giving me all the tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lungs have had enough of that smoke..not good..lovely pictures though..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you said that about the sunrise too! I still haven't had a chance to talk to my brother Kenny. I did find out his place is okay. Praise the Lord for that. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.