I was keeping in touch
with our home town newspaper
web site while on our way
home Thursday evening.
The sun was red shining
through smoke from the Dale Fire.
The above photo was taken while
we were cruising past Shasta Lake
at Bridge Bay Marina.
When I first noticed that
they were reporting a fire
Northwest of Redding,
it was just at 100 acres.
By the time we got home,
just a couple hours later,
the fire had grown to 1200 acres.
It looked like it was
going to be a bad one.
Emergency crews from
elsewhere in the North State
passed us on their way
to the fire lines.
Our exit from I-5 heading home.
The Dale Fire was contained yesterday.
A barn and several out building
were burned,
but homes were saved.
Thanks to the fire crews,
from near and far.
It's nice to be home.
~~~
I'll start catching up with
comments sometime
tomorrow, in between loads
of laundry, Monday chores,
and puppy play.
July 6, 2012
Liberty is growing like a weed
and is 19 pounds already.


welcome home...Liberty is adorable...I'm glad we don't have those fires in the East..yet..Don't work too hard today..
ReplyDeleteWhen I first read about the fire, I thought about Shingletown and then I had the duh moment - you said the west. I always think of those beautiful trees up there, how horrible it would be to lose any of those.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your "exit" photo there, very cool. As well as Liberty's picture, she looks so cute!