This tuberous begonia
started blooming while we
were gone.
The camera did pick up
the true colors of this one.
The pink Portulaca
has started blooming.
It's in a separate pot from the
other Portulaca that blooms
orange, white and yellow.
This might be tomorrow's first
Morning Glory bloom to open.
I'm looking forward to seeing what
it looks like.
Here's the Crocosmia that I brought
home from Dee's Garden. It wasn't
blooming when I purchased it. The
buds were still tight and just starting
to hint at it's orange color.
I love it.
The clematis is still
trying to bloom,
and here is one of it's
fluffy seed heads.
Cousin Phylis stopped by
to deliver vegetables fresh from
her garden this morning.
She brought over this colander full
of green beans, several zucchini's
and some fresh basil.
First thing to do was to make a batch
of pesto for the freezer.
Oh my goodness it's good.
I use the pesto recipe from
Susan Branch's cookbook.
Heart of the Home
Notes from a Vineyard Kitchen.
The basil also inspired
a simple frittata for our dinner.
This one is made with potato,
onion, garlic, eggs, cheese,
and a generous amount of basil
sprinkled on top.
We enjoyed the frittata with
those fresh green beans.
There's enough leftover
for lunch tomorrow.
Our heat has finally arrived.
Today was just 100.
But...
We're due for 110 degrees on Wednesday.
Oh my.


Gorgeous blooms, yummy beans..... I'm making those this week. Love pesto. Once its over 100, its hard to feel the difference, or so I'm beginning to learn. :O)
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful!! What kind of camera do you have?? Lovely pictures...
ReplyDeleteMan those flowers are beautiful! You have quite the green thumb as well as the "camera eye".
ReplyDelete