Sunday after mowing
tall grass and weeds up along the roadside
of our hill property, I just had to go
get the camera.
The wildflowers won't hang around long
once the heat sets in and everything dries up.
Lupine
I don't know what this one is.
It's not in my wildflower book.
Or this one either, it's a type of dandelion,
but not the typical lawn variety.
Red Clover.
Spring Vetch
Forktooth Ookow
or possibly Roundtooth Ookow
Lily Family
Dont know this one either.
Blue Blossom
"California Lilac"
Buckthorn Family
Some sort of thistle.
Again, not in my wildflower
field guides.
I think I need another
wildflower ID field guide.
Did you miss the hummingbird post?
I accidently posted twice today, so you might have.
Either click on "older post" or check the sidebar for prior May posts.
Thanks.


Great photo's. Nature is such a wonderful thing. All the tending, fertilizing and watering the plants in our gardens sometimes pales in comparison to wildflowers.
ReplyDeleteI love wild flowers, Jerry and I go walking in the Nature Center just to look at them and enJOY their beauty! Yes, nature is a wonderful thing like Connie said - I believe it is God's kisses.
ReplyDelete