Looks good doesn't it?
I needed to use up some
store bought eggs in a hurry.
Not because they were getting old.
Nope.
I had just purchased
a Costco sized carton of two dozen.
Then just a few days later,
I got to buy REAL eggs.
Honest to goodness ~ home grown eggs
from a friend's daughter's chickens.
I grew up having fresh eggs from our own chickens.
Back then I didn't have anything to do with the chickens.
My brother took care of them, while I was just steps
away in my own world ~~ my very own garden.
But I remember the eggs.
There's nothing like really fresh,
rich orangish yellow yolks. So good.
I didn't use the precious
Ameraucana eggs for this recipe.
Those eggs will shine on their own
as simply over easy, with the whites done
and the yolk runny to dunk toast corners in.
Sorry for the that image
if you don't care for your eggs that way.
PW's recipe (link below) is
a fabulous way to use up a bunch of eggs.
I made this for dinner the other night.
I'll need to cut down the recipe
for just the two of us. I used 11 eggs.
We still have leftover Migas in the refrigerator,
and still more store bought eggs to use as well.
I did make breakfast last weekend using the
home grown eggs. So~Very~Good.
Anyway,
here's the link to the recipe,
and yes I did copy her idea of serving
it with a sliced orange on a Fiesta Ware plate.
Uh, at least my plate IS a different color.
Here's another interesting link to an article I found
when trying to find out how to spell Ameraucana.
OK then, I'm off to go mow the lawn
and battle the ivy creeping into the kitchen porch garden.
Take care, and have a fun weekend.


You must be a fantastic cook - I am not...I only make easy recipes and with little ingredients. That does look yummy - but I won't look it up, but I am sure another one of your blogger's friends will. If you come across recipes that are easy, please let me know. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my that does look delicious. I agree about fresh eggs. I would love to have some layers of my own. Maybe someday.
ReplyDelete