Good Sunday Morning.
I'm enjoying this morning
with a mug of coffee and some blog time.
It's raining outside,
and the sound of it on the roof
brings a sense of cozy comfort to the day.
It's actually cold enough to start a fire in the wood stove,
that I've already cleaned out and polished up for the summer.
I didn't think we would be needing to use it again.
It was 44 degrees outside this morning.
It feels like a winter storm,
not a spring time thunder shower.
The plastic lizard upon the rock is part of
the drip irrigation system. The birdbath
gets fresh water every time the drip system is on.
I had to add a rock for him to bask on.
At least he's prettier than our own live lizards.
I tried to connect him to the rim of the birdbath,
but the mouth (irrigation line) would touch the water,
creating a bit of syphoning action, thus
lowering the level of water in the bird bath.
It took me awhile to figure out why so much
water was dissappearing daily. It was
draining to the downhill side of the garden,
not back to the faucet.
My Clematis is blooming.
This gift of spring rain is
so much better for plants
than the clorinated water
from our water district.
All of today's photos were taken
with the zoom lens on the camera.
I was up on the porch,
staying out of the rain.
I'm not a fan of our summer heat,
so this extra long spring season is absolutely wonderful.!


HI Patricia, It's Monday morning now. ;O)
ReplyDeleteIt's chilly, and I could sure stand to use the fireplace this morning. I love your bird bath.. so pretty. Gorgeous blooms too.