Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lists and Blogging

Are you a list maker?

I have been for a long time.
There's a satisfaction in crossing things off
the list.  A visual reminder that  yes
things do get done even if it doesn't show.

This is what's left on my list of things
to get done (for now).   It's not everything on my list.
Just the stuff that I don't mind sharing here.
I keep a running list, copying what's left to do,
 and adding it to a new list.

It's an ongoing ever changing list.  Stuff like
sewing, happens to get copied from one list
to the next  quite regularly.

 
http://www.blyberg.net/card-generator/

Where do you put blogging on your list
of things to do?   Do you wait for inspiration?
Try to blog daily?  ~~ I can't.

Feel like you're letting others down if you can't
get back to your blog for awhile? ~~ actually sometimes yes.

Are you blogging to keep a  journal for yourself?
And finding friendship in the process?
Blogging actually has kept
my eyes open to appreciate what's around me. 

I've loved taking photos with the blog in mind.
The blog has become a record of what's
interesting to me.   How many times does a photo
inspire your next blog post?  ~~ happens frequently to me.

 The seasons have flowed
 from one to the next while blogging, and it
 certainly makes me appreciate the wonders of each season.
  Occasionally, I'll click on a link to an older blog post,
and find myself  saying oh yeah, I remember that.
I'm really glad to have started this blog.
The beginning was a rough start.
I look back and see posts that makes me cringe now.
But,  hey, it's me, and it's a record of my
  learning by trial and error.

There's one post that is still a draft.
It was when our dog Brinkley passed away
two and a half years ago.
I keep that unpublished post because ~~~
I don't know why.   Perhaps it was
 too painful and too personal to publish,

and much to important to me to delete.

Do you censor yourself while blogging?
~~Yes, of course I do.  I'm not brave.

I am grateful to have started this blog.
It's something I enjoy doing.

It was started it as a way to keep in touch with
family and friends in one place.

Well, it didn't quite happen to turn out like I
expected ~~ it's different, and I like it.

 The next post is my 300th. 

 I can't believe it.

I also can't believe it has taken me
two hours, and then some,  to write this post.  I really
should have gotten something crossed off
my list besides ~~ blog post.

Sheesh.
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post! I agree with all you said. I am very glad you blog!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.