It's not just new flowers blooming,
that mean spring around here.
It's squirrels gathering nesting material,
and the new evergreen growth
with it's fresh lime green color.
I love the contrasting green colors.
It's the shiny new green on the Red Bud.
Most people don't see the sun, soil, bugs,
seeds, plants, moon, water, clouds, and wind
the way gardeners do. quote / saying by Jamie Jobb
It's the crows nesting in several trees on our hillside,
and gliding past our windows.
I'm determined to have the camera ready
as they land on the deck rail and check out their
surroundings before hopping down to the bird bath.
It's the hummingbird territorial wars, and
jack rabbits hopping about in the early morning.
It's finding evidence of bears visiting during the night.
You really don't want a photo of that ~~ scat.
I almost forgot to mention
our most frequent visitors.
Deer.
Oh dear.
It's garden chores.
Uh ~ lots of those.
It's having lunch out on the kitchen porch
while watching the comings and goings of the wild life.
It's seeing what's new, and what needs to be done.
Sometimes I'd rather close my eyes.
Who in the world thought
(previous owners thank you very much)
ivy and vinca minor were worth planting,
and for that matter ~
Mother Nature gave us poison oak.
Why oh Why?
Everywhere I look on the property
there's another project that needs doing,
which sometimes is overwhelming,
but with one bitty step at a time
it's getting there.
I'm not forgetting to appreciate how green it is.
It's lovely.
A garden is a place to feel the beauty of solitude.
quote/saying by Bob Barnes.


What beauty indeed. I am sure Posion Oak has a "reason" but I agree, why? It is pretty here too. Jerry's garden has things coming up, maybe I ought to get my camera out there - yeah good idea! Keep that camera handy - I just love your pictures. I agree - no pictures of bears. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to "know" someone else that appreciates nature as much as I do. The beauty is endless and God paints us a beautiful portrait every single day, season after season.
ReplyDeleteBTW.. I know all about the hummingbird wars. We have one in particular that fights off every single other bird that tries to feed. Makes me so mad!
Lovely post. I am on the same page with gardening. Sometimes it seems overwhelming but if you just do a little at a time it seems to come together. Your photo's are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone. It's another beautiful day with a 30 degree difference from the last cold rainy spell we just had. Love it!
ReplyDelete