Dear Squirrel
and the rest of your friends,
I see you're just begging for the mister system
to be turned on out there on the kitchen porch.
Trying to stay cool are ya?
You know I'm still peeved that you've knocked down
and broken several old bottles from the half wall.
Including the glass milk bottle that was saved
from the time we had milk delivered to our front door.
I was a kid then, and so that bottle was getting quite old ...
... um, well not that old.
It wasn't a bottle I purchased from an "antique" store.
It was from the old Anderson Dairy,
who supplied milk in glass half gallon bottles
with paper caps sealing in the best tasting milk
with the cream layer on top.
Yep, that bottle meant something and it was personal to me.
And another thing...
Please quit digging into my potted plants
searching out a cool and damp place to stretch out.
It's been a bit exasperating trying to figure out some way
to stop you from making one terrible mess after another.
What's a gal gotta do?
I considered using some chicken wire or something.
Even my stash of pinecones from last year
looked kinda like a nice barrier....
oh yeah. You are squirrels.
Well then, how about a "mulch" of river rock.
Doesn't look too bad, and so far it's worked.
If I had thought of this sooner,
I might still have that unusual plant that I spent good money on,
and never got to see bloom... thank you very much... grrr.
So anyway, we need to find a way to coexist
since there's no way either of us are moving.
There will always be water for you in the bird baths
and peanuts out by the compost pile.
Just promise to stay off the deck
and kitchen porch, please.
Otherwise, I'm going to have to get a dog.
Take care, love P.


I'm laughing at that picture.. too funny. I have a mischievous squirrel that WILL NOT stay out of my bird feeder! I had to take the feeder down.. poor birdies. They are little Houdini's. Smart thinking with the rock barriers.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete