Monday, August 16, 2010

Still Summer

As much as the stores say FALL,  it's still summer here.
It will be for quite a while.
Today, it was 105*F.
Tomorrow, high 90's with thunder storms.
Yuck.


So, instead of wishing for fall,
it's time for me to accept the fact
 that  ~~ 
  Summer will be here for quite a long time.
So, in keeping with summer I changed up the kitchen garden window
with some bright summer color.


Yeah, the apples are too small.
Cause they're actually a garland.
I just like the color together with the
yellow plant hanger.


I'm not a house plant person,
so instead of keeping houseplants
here in the garden window,
 I use it for playing around with seasonal displays.
Just remember, I'm not really into decorating with any sort of
style.  It's just stuff that I like. 

   I had a plant.  It was a lovely African Violet, and in bloom when I received it.
It thrived for a while, then just plain survived, for years, with not another bloom.
It survived my neglect. 


Then I decided to actually take care of it.
I fertilized it.  Not even one week later it was dead.
 I am definitely not a houseplant person.


So anyway, I'll be away for several days.
Five of my friends and I are leaving at 5:30AM tomorrow (to
beat the heat and construction zones) on a road trip to Reno.  
I'm excited to have a girls trip with some really great friends.
Then when I get back, R will be taking the rest of the week off.
I hear that there's going to be some work done, such as painting.
But I also think an overnight stay on the lake will be in the plans as well.
Have a great week. 






1 comment:

  1. It's hard not to get excited about fall, when the stores are filling their shelves with it. Hope you have fun on your trip and win lots of money.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.