Friday, August 13, 2010

Indian Summer


No, it's way to soon for Indian Summer here. 
We still have weeks and weeks of summer left to endure enjoy.
 I'm talking about this terrific little shop in Cave Junction Oregon. 
The shop owner Carrie Yellow Wolff offers:
 Tribal arts and crafts 
 Traditional moccasins
Custom sewing and beading
Supplies and classes

She was closed for lunch
 when we were driving through town
 on our way home from Brookings.
We were so disappointed not to be able to
stop in for a friendly chat and hopefully to find
another dream catcher.
These are beautiful,
even if I can't quite capture on film just how special they are.

  "on film" . 
When did that get to be an old fashioned term?


Our dream catchers  showcase bits of crystal
beads, feathers, semi precious stones,
shells,  and  leather. 



Carrie sold us a hand painted
soft dark brown leather
pouch as well. 
After ringing up the sale,
 she tucked a  Sacagawea 2001 dollar coin
into the pouch as a symbol of good wishes. 
 I've kept it there in the pouch.




This one has turkey feathers.
I recognize them, as we have wild turkey visitors who
leave a feather gift once in a while.


Here's her web address if you'd like a peak into her shop.






I wish she had been open.   But there will always be ~~
Next time!

1 comment:

It is so nice to hear from you.