Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ginger Tomato Salad,

Why oh why,
have I waited so long to try this recipe?


 It's from Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
 July 2001.
  Here's the page, torn out and saved for 9 years.
What was I thinking! 
 Go ahead, raid the garden and make this.


I love their storage idea.
 Put the salad inside a canning jar.
  That would make it easy to
turn it upside down
once in awhile during the chilling time
to marinate the tomatoes
with the dressing that settles to the bottom.
You're supposed to chill it for awhile.
I couldn't wait,
 I had to taste this as soon as I made it.
It's wonderful.  Light.  Tasty.
Summer!

Here's the recipe ~ as simple as can be.

Whisk together a dressing made of
2 tablespoons rice vinegar  (not seasoned rice vinegar)
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon salt

Toss gently with 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
 (Slice them in half.)

Chill 1 to 4 hours.   If you can wait that long.
Serves 4

Note added later:  I think this tastes best at room temp.
Next time, I'll make it just an hour before serving and leave it at room temp for serving.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... that's too bad they were better non-refrigerated. Glad you found another good recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, looks good. I bought that tea - Lipton one - the red one, did you get both? I like it!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.