Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Turkey visits

 Yesterday in the kitchen I heard  the tell tell sound of a gobble gobble  and sure enough, I startled the mama and her 4 babies as I opened the kitchen porch door.   I didn't have my camera  ready, but they hung around long enough for a few photos.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the babies to pose.  Here's the tom.


Here's the female, she wasn't happy that her babies were on the other side of the fencing.  She took awhile to figure out that she'd have to fly over the fence to get through.  I was trying to open the gate for them, but that made them even more nervous. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute - we have a lot of wild turkeys right here in Cedar Rapids, they are so ugly they are cute!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.