Thursday, May 27, 2010

Road Trip part 3 Lake Tahoe

Peaks of granite above Lake Tahoe.


I don't know these people.  But it's a great view from up there. 
 

Eagle Falls, the only falls that flow directly into Lake Tahoe. 
 This photo shows just a part of the  falls.

Lake Tahoe, and yes it's even more blue in person. 
This is Emerald Bay in the foreground with Lake Tahoe behind.


Fannette Island in the middle of Emerald Bay. 


The Tea House was built on Fannette Island  
at the same time that the Vikingsholm Castle
 was built on the shores of Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe in 1928-29.


Want a closer look,  book passage on this paddle wheel boat from out of South Lake Tahoe.


Or perhaps this one.


If you should take the drive from South Lake Tahoe
 on the California western side of the lake up Highway 89 to Reno,
 just remember to check your gas gauge to make sure you have enough fuel. 
 There's no gas stations along the lake until you reach the very northern end,
 and then will pay dearly for it there.  


All photos on this post were taken from just one location.


We got to Reno, in time for a nice dinner at the casino,
then went to see the Broadway production of 'Cabaret' in the showroom there.  It was great!
Next post,  Donner Summit and Emigrant Gap.

2 comments:

  1. Patty I feel like I am on this trip with you guys. Thanks for the great photo's! We may steal your idea on our next travel trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there with you! It is beautiful - great pictures!!! Jerry has been there, he said it was something to see that is for sure! Raymond my nephew goes there a lot and snow boards with his sons.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.