We went out on the lake Saturday evening, to cove hop with our cousin P.,
searching for waterfalls, future camp sites, wild flowers, and wildlife.
We watched a group of crows harrass an eagle.
It seemed the vultures didn't care to have the eagle around either.
But the eagle was majestic.
I am the eagle, I live in high country
In rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky
I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers
But time is still turning they soon will be dry
And all of those who see me, all who believe in me
Share in the freedom I feel when I fly
Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops
Sail oer the canyons and up to the stars
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
And all that we can be and not what we are
(You can thank me for planting this tune in you head today, or not.)
Lake level Saturday was 5 feet something from the crest.
Wild flowers and shrubs are in bloom.
This cove was cold and lush green inside.
At the end there was a couple of waterfalls. We couldn't get close to this one due to tree debris.
These ferns were up in the deep shade.
I know it doesn't seem special, but to us after all the drought years~~
having the lake so full that you're drifting by all this greenery is pretty spectacular.
So we are being thankful and enjoying the scenery.
Because it's so different from what we've been used to.
I love the new light green colored growth against the darker older green leaves on the evergreen trees.


Oh yeah, good song. I like those pictures! I love the greenery and I understand what you mean. I can remember the "dry" Redding area...so this is sweet!
ReplyDelete